Our brand new papaya enzyme mud mask is loaded with a whole lot of super duper skin enhancing benefits.
First, it has a large and varied mineral content (approximately 90 trace minerals) which your body absorbs transdermally during the drying process. Second, our volcanic mud has a negative electrical attraction which pulls and absorbs positively-charged particles from your body. Most everything that attacks our bodies including bacteria, viruses, fungi, diseases, toxic chemicals, pollutants etc… is of a positive ionic charge. Our ultra pure mud particles are extremely small which allows them to penetrate the skin and grab onto harmful positively charged particles.
*Vitamin C – Papaya contains abundant amounts of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant. This fruit is also replete with vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, iron, potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, and magnesium.
*Rich In Antioxidants – The antioxidants present in papaya help to strengthen immunity and eliminate free radicals that are hazardous to your health. This fruit contains more amount of beta-carotene than in carrots.
*Abundant In Bioflavonoids – Also known as vitamin P, bioflavonoids are semi-essential nutrients that work as nature’s modifiers and respond to biological changes in the body. Not only do we utilize the natural bioflavonoids found in papaya, we also add additional Vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids for an extra boost of skin protection.
Papaya also contains a powerful enzyme called peptin. Peptin is a digestive enzyme, but when applied topically to the skin it helps to smooth, exfoliate and make skin healthy and radiant. Combine that with the nourishing properties of Vitamin A, C, E and carotenoids and you have a skin loving powerhouse. These antioxidants also reduce inflammation of the skin which is one of the main causes of aging skin.
How are enzymes used in skin care?
While there are many types of enzymes, they have two primary uses in skin care — for exfoliation and anti-inflammation. Certain enzymes are effective exfoliants and can be gentler than other methods like scrubs and microdermabrasion. The upper layer of your skin is mostly made of dead skin cells containing keratin protein. The enzymes work by specifically breaking down the keratin protein, resulting in much smoother skin. Other enzymes (some found naturally in skin) can function as a scavenger of free radicals and protect skin against oxidative damage. Simply put, enzymes can protect against damage from sun, environmental pollutants and even acne.
The high amount of Vitamin C helps produce the connective tissue collagen which increases elasticity in the skin. Vitamin C further works to block free radical damage from the environment. Free radicals are unpaired molecules found in UV rays and pollution that cause premature aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
Store in a cool, dark place.
FURTHER BENEFITS OF OUR PAPAYA MUD MASK
- Leaves Your Skin Feeling Clean, Pure & Tight
- Ultra Pure Mud Particles
- Detoxify, Cleanse & Re-Mineralize
- Absorbs Impurities & Toxins
- Pulls & Absorbs Positively-Charged Particles
- Neutralizes Reactive Oxygen (slows skin aging)
- Improves Collagen Growth & Reduces the Breakdown of Elastin
- Colloidal Formulation (full spectrum minerals are instantly absorbed)
Skin Preparation and Directions
- Wash your face with warm water. This will open up the pores, and aid the re-mineralization properties of the mud mask.
- Apply the mud on cleansed warm skin.
- Avoid facial gestures while the mask is on the face.
- This is a good time to just relax, be still and feel the toxins pull from your body.
- After about 20-25 minutes wash off with cold water to seal the pores.
- Apply a natural, chemical free moisturizer suitable for your skin type (which you can get right here).
- For oily skin use this product twice a week; for normal to combination skin use once a week.
- Your face may become red for a little while after the facial – do not be alarmed – this is caused by the citrus bioflavonoids and clay drawing blood to your face, which is good for your skin.
Papaya Enzyme Soft & Silky Mud Mask
Volcanic Bentonite Clay, Spring Water, Organic Steam Distilled Lavender, Certified Organic Papaya, Vitamin C Ester, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Sweet Orange Oil, Neem Oil, 90 Vital Elements, Micronized 24 ct. Gold, Pure Orange Fragrance